Circa 1921. The lot that the house stands on was once the site of a driveway and barn that served the Franck-Tutwiler House next door at 2215 Decatur Street. After the death of Mrs. Rose Tutwiler, her children subdivided the property and had a 2-bedroom house built on the new property. It is believed that some of the lumber used for the new house was salvaged from the old Tutwiler barn. The house was used as tenant house for exactly 80 years until it was sold to its current owners who are restoring the house.