This ell-wing Folk Victorian cottage was built in 1893 by a Galveston widow, Augusta Franck, who perished in the Great Storm of 1900. Her son, Gustav, took possession of the house and had it raised 5’ off the ground. His wife, Mollie, had the lot divided and used the lumber from a large barn in the back to build a tenant house on the new lot next door. After her death in the 1940’s the house languished as a rental with deferred maintenance for the next five decades. The house was extensively restored in recent years.