History‎ > ‎Decatur‎ > ‎

The Albertina Stuer House, 2219 Decatur

This five-bay center hall Folk Victorian cottage was built in 1892 as the in-town house for Ms. Stuer, widow of Mattias, who was a farmer and landholder in the Eureka Junction area (immediately north of today’s Memorial Park). In keeping with tradition, German immigrant farming families held homes in town where they could attend church, sell their produce downtown, pick up supplies, or participate in German festivals such as Sangerfest, Maifest, and Turnvereins.  This cottage features the beloved Old Sixth Ward trademark, the dove bracket.
Comments