History‎ > ‎Kane‎ > ‎

2018 Kane

This Classical Revival inspired house has been affectionately known as the ‘Queen of the Sabine’ due to its distinction as the only 2-story brick dwelling in the Old Sixth Ward. The house is the lone survivor of the ‘wealthiest’ section of the Sixth Ward neighborhood where elegant towered Victorian houses once surrounded the intersection of Kane and Henderson Streets. It was designed by Olle Lorehn, a Swedish-immigrant architect, and built in 1906 as showplace home complete with formal gardens for Mr. William Henry Lighthouse, who managed two brick foundries and owned the Lighthouse Brick Company, still in business today as the Andy Cordell Brick Company.

2018 Kane


Comments