The William O. House Residence
This two story house began life in 1893 as a one story residence with a high foundation for the William O. House family. The foundation was enclosed to create an apartment and leased to a succession of tenants. In 1912 the second story was raised higher to give the ground level more headroom. After suffering a very insensitive remuddling project in the early 1980’s, the house was extensively restored in 1996.