Stephen H. Reneau House, 2203 Decatur
The house that originally stood there was built in 1870 for Emily and Jacob Schoell and pushed in the back and turned to face Hemphill St in 1912. Mrs. Schoell was a midwife who assisted in the birth of many neighborhood babies. After the Schoell House was relocated, Steven Henry Reneau, a machinist for the H&TC railroad and his wife, Fannie, built this 2-story Classical Revival house. After many years as a boarding house, it was recently restored as a single-family house.
For additional historical details click here.