The Albertina Stuer House, 2219 Decatur
A building permit was issued on July of 1893 to Mrs. Albertina Steur, a widow, for the construction of this five bay center-hall Folk Victorian house for $700. Mrs. Steur was a widow of Mattias, who was a landholder in the Eureka Junction area (area north of today’s Memorial Park). The house features the beloved Sixth Ward trademark, the dove bracket.
For additional historical details click here.