The Frank Bergeron House
Believed to be the oldest house in the Old Sixth Ward remaining on its original site, This Gulf Coast cottage was built in 1869 for Mr. Franklin Bergeron, a bricklayer. His family remained there for nearly seven decades. The house, like 1909 Decatur behind it, features double front doors, typical of Acadian construction of southwestern Louisiana.
For additional historical details click here.