This house is one of the most evolved houses in the neighborhood. It began life prior to 1875 as a blacksmith shop, likely relocated from elsewhere. It was expanded to a single family cottage in the late 1880’s and continued to be enlarged piecemeal over the next century to its current two-story appearance. It was the long-time home of the Roemers, one of Houston’s earliest German-immigrant families.
For additional historical details click here.