The Telschow House
Built in the mid 1880’s as a tenant house by a carpenter who lived next door at 1920 Kane, James Openshaw, it once exhibited a more Victorian appearance with a steeply pitched roof and ornate front porch. It was purchased by Charles Telschow, whose parents lived down the street at 1816 Kane. In October of 1921 he had the roof rebuilt to a more modern bungalow style.
For additional historical details click here.