Site of the Albert Roescher Mansion
The row of three Neo-Victorian houses marks the site of the former Roescher Mansion, which was one of the most elegant homes built in the neighborhood during its Golden Era. Erected in 1903 for Albert Roescher, a cattle rancher who owned several tenant houses in the western end of the neighborhood. In the 1960’s the house was dismantled and the parts used to build a series of five small shot-gun style rental houses on the lot. These houses were then replaced in 2007 by the three Neo-Victorian houses that stand there today
For additional historical details click here.