2010, 2012, & 2014 – The Three Sisters
The row of three somewhat similar homes was built in 1893 as tenant housing. Many of its earliest tenants lived there while saving up money to purchase or build homes elsewhere in the neighborhood. The three houses once shared a large lot and were subdivided in the late 1990’s so that each house could be sold individually.
In 2004 a Greater Houston Preservation Alliance Good Brick Award was presented to Joe Meppelink and Marisa Janusz for the restoration and rehabilitation of 2012 Kane Street.