The Armbruster-Coulter House
This modest house actually consists of two Gulf Coast Colonial cottages moved together to form a single house. The rear addition was built in 1875, next door, at 2105 Kane, for William Coulter. The front section of 2109 Kane that faces the street was built between 1879 and 1880 by Charles Armbruster, whose wife, Henrietta, was Mr Coulter’s wife’s sister. When 2105 Kane was purchased to make way for a new, larger house, the Coulter cottage was relocated to become the rear addition of 2109, so the widowed sisters could live together.