The Anderson-Westerman House
This folk Victorian house was built in the early 1870’s as a five bay center hall cottage for Mr. John Williams, a bricklayer. His brickyard occupied half of the block. It took on a Victorian appearance in the early 1890’s during the Christian Anderson ownership. For most of the early 20th century, it was the home of Mrs. Margaret Westerman, daughter of Phillip Helfrich of 1814 State (now 1807 Decatur). She served as the secretary for the city of Houston for many years and the city hall annex is named after her.