Alexander Food Mart
This example of a 1930’s wood frame commercial architecture storefront was built at 2214A Lubbock in 1934 by Sam Alexander as a grocery mart next door to his personal residence, which was demolished in 1998. It remained a business until the late 1980s. It was relocated to its current location in 1996 to evade demolition.
Interestingly, it is on a site where another store previously stood!