The firm of Krupp and Tuffly had a store on Main Street where they sold boots and shoes. In 1879 the firm bought 3 lots on Colorado (then called Heiss Street) that had been part of a 20-acre tract bought by German immigrant Gregor Heiss in 1853. They built a house on each lot. In 1887 William B. Newby, an engineer for the H. & T. C. Railroad, bought the altered Fourth Ward North cottage at 805 Colorado. He and his wife lived there until 1890. After that 805 Colorado was sometimes owner-occupied and sometimes rental property.