This 2-story post-Victorian house was built in about 1905 by William Vollmer, a farmer. Part of the farm was inside Loop 610; the Vollmer Cemetery is today in the Timbergrove Manor subdivision. William Vollmer bought 2 lots in 1893. 2218 Decatur was probably built at about the same time as 2220; in city directories after 1908 they are rental property until they were sold by Vollmer heirs in 1964. Stephen Hindle lived in a small house in the southwest corner of the corner lot (lot 1) from about 1881 to 1891. That small house is not within the footprint of the 2-story house.
Made Jul 1973 for appraisal purposes. Courtesy Harris Co. Archives.