In the 1870's Elias Tharp, the manager of a brick yard, lived in a house facing Henderson at the corner of Henderson and Decatur. It was either originally, or later became, a large 2-story house. Joel Bloch bought the 2 corner lots in 1919 and in about 1927 replaced the 2-story house with the 3 smaller houses that are there today. He lived at 817 Henderson for many years and rented the other two. The property remained in the Bloch family until 1995. After Joel Bloch's death in 1951 the bungalow at 817 Henderson became rental property.