In 1907 James A. Baker, Jr. bought 4 1/2 lots on the corner of State and Silver and the 4 1/2 lots south of them on Nicaragua (now North Memorial Way). The buyer was Capt. James A. Baker (1857-1941), the second of 4 James A. Bakers associated with the law firm of Baker Botts. There were already 2 houses on State St. The north half of the property was divided into 5 lots with 45' of frontage. Three new houses were built in 1907 on vacant lots at 1813, 1815, and 1817 State St. In 1907 H. C. Naquin bought the existing house at 1819 State St. That house disappeared around 1970 as the lot became associated with property on North Memorial Way.