1710 Lubbock

In 1853 Joseph Renner, a German immigrant, purchased a 2-acre tract south of Washington and east of Sabine. A building in the 1869 Wood map in the NE corner of the tract was probably the family's homestead. The house now at 1710 Lubbock has stylistic characteristics of a pre-1880's house, and it is plausible to believe that it is the Renner homestead that was moved to its present location sometime before 1890.

For additional historical details click here.