In about 1893 John S. Beaudry, a carpenter and contractor, built a 1-story house at 2218 Kane, probably on spec, and sold it in 1894. The house is marked "1B" in the 1896 Sanborn map, meaning that it was built on a high foundation that was enclosed. In 1907 it is marked "2" for '2-story'. In 1924 it is marked "F" for 'flats' and in 1950 "APTS". The house has had many owners and until 1975 was rental property. After suffering a very insensitive remodeling project in the early 1980’s, the house was extensively restored in 1996.