A rectangular house was built by Charles Ferdinand George, a German immigrant, in about 1890. Before 1907 the current front of the house was added to form a Folk Victorian ell-wing cottage, the rear extension of which is the original house. Ferdinand George lived here until his death in 1913; he was first a butcher; then he worked in the H. & T. C. shops. His widow remarried and lived here until 1921. Since then the house has been rental property.
Made 23 Jul 1973 for appraisal purposes. Courtesy Harris Co. Archives.