This vernacular Folk Victorian cottage was built in about 1888 by Daniel Green, who operated a grocery store on Washington Avenue in the building now occupied by B.B. Lemon. Daniel and his wife Elizabeth lived at 1808 Decatur until their deaths in the 1920's. After that the house was rental property for many years until 1999. The current porch on the southeast corner and a small entrance hall were created in the 1890's from a room on the southeast corner, and the original side hall on the west side was expanded into a room.