Built in about 1889 as a tenant house by James Openshaw, a machinist who lived next door at 1920 Kane, it once exhibited a more Victorian appearance with a steeply pitched roof and ornate front porch. In 1894 it was purchased by Charles Telschow, a saloon keeper and bartender whose parents lived down the street at 1816 Kane. Sometime in the early 1920’s he had the roof rebuilt to a more modern bungalow style. His son John Telschow lived in the house until the early 1930's.
1916 Kane in background. Note roof pitch.
Made in 1974. Note roof pitch.