A house very similar to the house at 1710 Lubbock once stood on this lot. They were here by 1890. The family of Moses Mendez occupied 1706 Lubbock from about 1948 until the 1980's.
In 2019 a house facing Washington Avenue in the northeast corner of Glenwood Cemetery was moved to 1706 Lubbock to facilitate the construction of the new Visitor's Center. That house was once the caretaker's cottage.
1706 Lubbock is not part of the Old Sixth Ward Protected Historic District.
Made 29 Oct 1973 for appraisal purposes. Courtesy Harris Co. Archives. This house no longer exists.