This Fourth Ward North cottage originally faced Decatur on the front of the corner lot. It was built in about 1878 by William Bammel as a tenant house. Stephen Henry and Fannie Reneau bought the corner lot in 1907 and lived briefly in the small house before they built the 2-story Classical Revival house at 2203 Decatur today. They moved the original house to the rear of the lot and rotated it 90 degrees to face Hemphill at 811 Hemphill.
Made 19 Jul 1973 for appraisal purposes. Courtesy of Harris Co. Archives.