In about 1893 John P. Williams, the manager of J. T. Brady's brick works, built the two shotgun cottages at 2011 and 2013 Decatur as tenant houses. At about the same time he built 2010, 2012, and 2014 Kane (Three Sisters). In 1942 Fred Cannata, an Italian immigrant and theater manager, bought the two houses on Decatur. In 1981 he and his wife gave them to their son, Fred Cannata, Jr. By 1991 they were in a state of severe disrepair, and Fred Cannata, Jr. gave them to the Greater Houston Preservation Alliance. They were restored by a partnership of the Alliance and the Old Sixth Ward Neighborhood Association and sold in 1995.