In 1929 George Gust purchased lot 12. He presumably demolished the house built in the late 1870's in order to construct the 2-story brick veneer 8-plex on the lot today. "19-GUST-30" is in blue tiles above the front door. In 1930-31 George Gust and his wife are living in Apartment #7, and they continue to live there for the rest of their lives. George Gust was a Greek immigrant who came to Houston from San Antonio in about 1922. He is identified in the census as the owner of a restaurant.