In the 1880's James Fletcher, a brick mason, built a 1-story house at 2120 Kane. In 1913 John C. Huston bought the house and transformed it into a 2-story house. He and his family lived there until about 1939. The house was declared to be a dangerous building in 1988 and subsequently succumbed to demolition.
John C. Huston operated a drug store (Huston's Pharmacy) at 2101 Washington until about 1930. The business, under different ownership, was then at 2009 Washington, and finally at 2119 Washington until as late as 2000.