Lot 1 on the NE corner of State and Henderson and lot 12 on SE corner of Lubbock and Henderson were owned in the 1890's by Herman Dietze, a German immigrant and a saddler and harness maker. He lived on both lots at one time or another. Both lots were inherited by his only daughter Lota, who was married first to Emmerich Riess, a German immigrant and baker, and then to Marcelino Diaz, a Mexican immigrant who was an employee of the bakery next door. By 1907 there were two shotgun houses on lot 1 at 2018 and 2020 State. In about 2005 the house at 2020 State was moved to 1804 Kane to save it from demolition. By 2005 2018 State had vanished. It was probably demolished.