William Pasche and numerous siblings (11 in the census) grew up on a farm in the former White Oak Settlement in northwest Houston. After marrying in 1884, he came to town to work as a carpenter in the H. & T. C. shops. He bought 2 lots at the corner of Hemphill and Kane, and in 1894 he and his wife Hedwig contracted with another railroad carpenter, A. F. W. Gaedke, to build the five bay center hall Folk Victorian cottage now at 2203 Kane on the corner lot. An existing house was moved westward onto the adjoining lot. They paid $1400. Mr. Gaedke was a local resident who lived at 1918 State St. William and Hedwig Pasche lived at 2203 Kane until their deaths in the mid 1930's. Their daughter Mrs. Elizabeth McNeal lived there until about 1957.