In the early 1890's George Danilovich, an Austrian immigrant and fruit dealer, built two shotgun cottages on the same lot at 2109 and 2111 Decatur. In 1911 the lot was purchased by Frank J. Schlueter, a famous early Texas photographer who was living at 1807 Decatur. In about 1913 he connected the two shotgun houses and built a second story on top of them. The enlarged building was initially a rooming house and was then divided into apartments. Schlueter sold the house in 1920 to Lloyd H. Brady, who lived there until 1945 in one of the apartments.