This Folk Victorian cottage with beveled eaves was built in about 1889 by Adolph Carl, who lived at 2118 Decatur. Two of his sons lived briefly at 906 Hemphill. Adolph Carl owned 2 lots, and in 1903 after his death six of his sons sold them. They belonged to Theodore Werner and his heirs for 73 years. During that period the 3 houses on the 2 lots were rental property.
Made 19 Jul 1973 for appraisal purposes. Courtesy of Harris Co. Archives.