In the 1870's Elias Tharp, the manager of a brick yard, lived in a house facing Henderson at the corner of Henderson and Decatur. It was either originally, or later became, a large 2-story house. Joel Bloch bought the 2 corner lots in 1919 and in about 1927 replaced the 2-story house with the 3 smaller houses that are there today. He lived in one (817 Henderson) and rented the other two. The property remained in the Bloch family until 1995. The bungalow at 813 Henderson has always (or almost always) been rental property.