In 1878 Abraham Stott, an English immigrant and railroad machinist, bought lots 2 and 3. Soon thereafter he built a 1-story house on lot 2 and lived there until he built the 2-story house now on lot 3 at 1914 Decatur in 1897. He got a building permit in March of that year. Estimated cost: $1000. Mrs. Stott sold 1914 Decatur in 1920, but the 1-story house on lot 2 (now a parking lot) remained in the Stott family until 1967.
1914 Decatur is essentially a mirror image of 1908 Decatur.
Made Jul 1973 for appraisal purposes. Courtesy Harris Co. Archives.