In 1907 James A. Baker, Jr. bought 4 1/2 lots on the corner of State and Silver and the 4 1/2 lots south of them on Nicaragua (now North Memorial Way). The buyer was Capt. James A. Baker (1857-1941), the second of 4 James A. Bakers associated with the law firm of Baker Botts. There were already 2 houses on State St. The north half of the property was divided into 5 lots with 45' of frontage. Three new Classical Revival style houses were built in 1907 on vacant lots at 1813, 1815, and 1817 State St. V. V. Daniels bought 1815 State for $3200 in 1908 and lived there until 1912. Then until 1970 the house was usually rented. Mrs. Petra Cuellar lived here from about 1959 until about 1989.