This Post Victorian sidehall cottage was probably built in about 1907 by the heirs of Jacob Spies, who lived briefly at 1813 Lubbock before being killed in a gruesome industrial accident. 1811 and 1813 Lubbock were owned for many years from 1908 until 1962 by 3 generations of the Gregor family. Louise M. Gregor, a widow, lived at 1811 Lubbock until her death in 1916. Other Gregors lived in the house until 1944; after that it was rented.
Made 29 Oct 1973 for appraisal purposes. Courtesy Harris Co. Archives.