In 1889 trustees of the German Methodist Episcopal Church, South bought lot 12 on the southeast corner of Union and Hemphill, and in the 1896 Sanborn map a small building is labeled 'Swedish Church'. Whether it was German or Swedish the church was short-lived. In 1902 when her husband was killed in an accident, Mrs. Annie Kopp was living at 2219 State Street. Then from about 1905 until her death in 1948 she lived at 2117 Union on lot 12. In city directories the house appears to be vacant from 1954 until 1962, and then the address disappears. From 1964 until about 1974 Texas Fabrics Auto Trim occupies 2119 Union. The current metal building was presumably constructed in about 1964.