This Classical Revival ell-wing cottage was built in 1906 by E. J. McInnerney on the east half of a 90' lot that he bought in the same year. Ladislas Wencelas Jelinek, a Czech immigrant, his wife Rosa, and their 6 children lived there from 1906 until 1922. They moved to Galveston, and in 1946 they sold the house to Rudolph Spacek, a grandson of Czech immigrants who grew up in a Czech farming community in Lavaca Co. He and his wife lived at 2014 State until 1974.
Made 31 Oct 1973 for appraisal purposes. Courtesy Harris Co. Archives.