The house now at 1816 Lubbock was built in 1918 at 415 Edgewood in the East End as a rather old-fashioned symmetric dog run -- 2 rooms on each side of a center hallway. It was enlarged in 1928. The family of Sarah Barnetzke moved into the house in 1919; she bought it in 1925 and lived in it until about 1957, first with her parents and siblings and then by herself. It was rented until 1977, when she sold the property to a pipe supply company. The house was moved to 5109 Floyd in the West End. It was moved again to its present location in 2014.