Three lots (10-12) at the corner of Union and Taylor once belonged to Herman Loock, a blacksmith who lived from about 1880 to 1900 on the corner lot. The ell-wing vernacular Folk Victorian cottage at 2213 Union on lot 11 was built in 1902 by William Olschewske, a real estate developer. Between January 1903 and October 1904 Gustave Artz, a butcher, acquired the 3 lots that previously belonged to Herman Loock. During 4 decades Gustave and his wife Dora, a Rumanian immigrant, lived in 4 houses that they owned, which were the 3 houses on lots 10-12 and a house in the First Ward. In 1938 Gustave Artz sold 2215 Union to William Comiskey, Dora's son by a previous marriage, who was also a butcher. It belonged to the Comiskey family until the 1970's.
Made 19 Jul 1973 for appraisal purposes. Courtesy Harris Co. Archives.