2217 Decatur, Stuer tenant house
This late vernacular Folk Victorian ell-wing cottage was built in about 1906 by Mrs. Albertina Stuer. Mrs. Stuer was the widow of Mattias, who was a landholder in the Eureka Junction area (area north of today’s Memorial Park). He died in 1891. She remarried in 1904, but her second husband died a few months later.
Mrs. Stuer bought 2 lots in 1892. She built a house on the corner lot at 2219 Decatur and lived there for about 2 years from 1894 to 1896. In about 1906 she built a house on the other lot at 2217 Decatur, and she lived there until her death in 1911. Both houses were rental property for most (maybe all) of the rest of the century.