This Folk Victorian ell wing cottage with an altered roofline was probably built in about 1893 by Ferdinand Wottrich, a German immigrant and a tailor. His brother Herman Wottrich was also a tailor and lived at 1907 Decatur. Both brothers died in 1911. Ferdinand's widow continued to live at 809 Henderson until about 1913. The house has been a rental property since then.
Made 23 Jul 1973 for appraisal purposes. Courtesy of Harris Co. Archives.