This Classical Revival residence with its distinctive eyebrow dormer was built in 1907 by Jacob and Beatrice Bammel. He was a railroad timekeeper and then the proprietor of a jewelry store; she was the daughter of the prominent Hearne family of Bryan, Texas. They owned 2 lots; they moved an existing house on the interior lot westward to create more space between it and their new house on the corner. After a divorce in 1927, Mrs. Bammel continued to live at 2004 Decatur until the 1940's. In 1949 she sold the corner lot to Manuel Ramirez, who operated an automobile repair shop behind the house.