This modified Folk Victorian cottage was probably built by William Bammel, a pawnbroker, in about 1881. Until 1946 it was rental property. After 1905 it was owned by either Mollie Franck, who lived at 2215 Decatur, or by her sister and brother-in-law Parmelia and Roscoe C. Blalock. It was originally built as a three-bay Fourth Ward North cottage that was altered with the addition of an ell-wing extension in front.
Made 19 Jul 1973 for appraisal purposes. Courtesy Harris Co. Archives.