In October 1904 C. J. Hock and his wife Lena contracted with E. R. Brashear to build a 3-room frame dwelling house for $980 at 2314 Kane. They lived there until about 1919. Carl J. Hock was a German immigrant who worked as an engineer in the city water works.
William Curry bought 2314 Kane in 1968 and lived there and chronicled the goings-on of the Old Sixth Ward for many years until shortly before his death in 2005. He had previously lived at 2318 Kane where his mother and grandparents had lived. After his death the house was vacant and abandoned for nearly a decade.
In 2013 the owners of the lot wanted to remove the house. They were able to make an arrangement with Michael Morrow to move the house a short distance across Sawyer to a fractional lot on the northwest corner of Kane and Sawyer. It is now the office of KinneyMorrow Architecture at 2219 Kane and was on the 2017 Good Brick Tour. It won a Good Brick award from Preservation Houston in 2016 for the restoration and adaptive reuse of the house.