This 2-story ell wing Folk Victorian house was built in 1899 by William Fuchs, a German immigrant and a pattern maker in the H. & T. C. shops, and then enlarged in 1902 by Albert C. Lottman, a wholesale dealer in mattresses and beds. Albert Lottman died in 1919; his widow lived at 1914 State until 1940. Manuel Cruz bought the house in about 1961. He died in 1978 and his wife Pauline Cruz continued to live there until 1994. The impressive wrap-around gallery is the work of the present owner; the original 2-story porch was limited to the front facade of the house.