The house in the photograph was built in about 1887 by Urbain Valentine, a carpenter in the H. & T. C. shops. Two lots had been bought in 1885 by Urbain's father Pierre Valentine, a French immigrant who was also a railroad carpenter. He sold them to his son in 1887. Urbain's wife Mrs. Georgiana Valentine lived at 1814 Lubbock until her death in 1945. The house was mostly on lot 3 but partly on lot 4, and in 1955 the east 35' of lot 4 was sold. In 2005 the house was demolished to make room for a grandiose 3-story house with a 6-car garage in the back, the construction of which never materialized. Its demolition was the impetus for the neighborhood drive to lobby the city for a protected historic district.