In 1883 Joshua Gibson, an English immigrant and railroad carpenter and coach builder, bought 4 lots at the corner of Union and Sawyer. He lived on the corner lot at 2317 Union in a house that no longer exists. The lot was sold to the city for street construction in 1968. The extensively altered late Victorian ell-wing cottage at 2311 Union was built by Joshua Gibson as a tenant house in about 1902. 2313 Union is another tenant house. Both were inherited by Joshua's daughter Maggie and her husband Herman Radke, a police detective. 2311 Union became owner occupied for the first time in 1945 when it was purchased by Frank and Julia Duran, both Mexican immigrants. Duran heirs sold it in 1976.
Made 11 Oct 1973 for appraisal purposes. Courtesy Harris Co. Archives.