Henry Howe, a machinist in the H. & T. C. shops, built this ell-wing Folk Victorian cottage in about 1883. It faced Kane at 1819 Kane. In 1929 Oscar Trapolino had the eastern extension of the cottage removed, leaving the ell wing intact, moved it to the rear of the lot, and rotated it 90 degrees to make room for his grocery store building on the corner. It has been rental property since 1897.
Made July 1973 for appraisal purposes. Courtesy Harris Co. Archives.